HVJC’s Victim Advocacy Project seeks to expand access to justice for victims, regardless of their immigration status, by providing a broad range of support. Services include:
- Determining Eligibility For And Completing Crime Victim Compensation Applications
- Providing Written And Spoken Translation Services, Including Translation Support For Other Providers To Ensure Equal Access To Programs And Services
- Providing Legal Information About The Criminal Justice Process And Victim’s Rights
- Keep Clients Informed About The Status Of Pending Criminal Cases And Encourage Enrollment In Electronic Notification Programs To Promote Safety
- Advocate On Behalf Of Crime Victims With Employers, Creditors, And Landlords To Ensure Proper Protection And Treatment Under The Law
- Assist With Applications For Obtaining Or Maintaining Essential Services And Benefits
- Provide Accompaniment For Family Court Proceedings And Related Engagements
- Draft Affidavits, Applications, Or Other Case Documents Under The Supervision Of An Attorney For U-Visa And VAWA Applicants
- Identify And Provide Referrals For Essential Services, Including But Not Limited To Housing/Shelter, Counseling, Public Benefits, Education Resources And Job Opportunities, Etc.
If you are a victim of crime in need of assistance, contact our office today to complete an intake.
State and National Domestic Violence Hotline Numbers: